• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

grinder plate size?

Started by dAWGS, November 15, 2010, 08:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dAWGS

i use my grandmothers grinder .  its as old as the hills but works good.  how do i know what # plates i need?  is it on the existing plates?

Smokin Soon

Just measure the outside diameter and do a search on meat grinding plates. It will tell you if it a #12 or whatever.

mikeradio

dAWGS

dAWGS

ok no one laught.  im just starting off so im using my grandmothers antique grinder    the grind-o-matic 772.    the existing plates measure 2 1/16.    the smallest plate i can find is #5 plate and thats 2 1/8.   will that work?

KevinG

I'd check to see if you have a gap (1/16") or 1/32" on both sides, if not I wouldn't waste my money.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

dAWGS

looks like they fit perfect   no play on the sides    how do i get plates for this?

KevinG

I'm guessing if you can't write the company, you'd have to have them machined special. Probably be cheaper to by a new grinder. Is there a problem with the one you have? Sometimes they can be honed.
Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

BuyLowSellHigh

Don't know if you can find parts, but I would call Allied Kenco and ask for Cody (he's the owner).  If anyone knows, he does.  While we mostly know them for supplies and sales, their origin is equipment service and repair and that is still a very large part of their business.  Since you know the make and model he may be able to give you a quick answer.  Here's a link to their website, numbers at the top left
http://www.alliedkenco.com/catalog/index.php?osCsid=c98ac18bab64892c219e57e5d2b01557
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

dAWGS

i just have 2 sizes.   coarse and i think 5/32