• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello

Started by Scott.Trebble, July 20, 2005, 04:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott.Trebble

Hi all  :-)
  Just bought a new Bradley this weekend !!. I was tempted by a Weber smoker .. but I'm lazy  :-)  
  Did a 3.5kg pork shoulder, marinated overnight with the usual, as well as a couple rack of ribs ... had lots of space  and added a chicken breast mainated in the Houi Sin sauce....  mmm..
Pulled the chicken after about 4 hrs.  yummy  The ribs had to come off after about 6 houurs.  I bagged 'em an froze 'em to use for another recipe.  I'll try a stickey recipe in the oven for them.  The large shoulder was kinda my main concern.  I got it up to a max about 175. The plan now is to save whatever for a large meal ... then warm it up in a crock-pot  <b></b>

jaeger

Welcome to the forum Scott!!!

Sounds like you didn't waste any time for your first smoke!

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scott.Trebble</i>
<br />Hi all  :-)
  .......  The large shoulder was kinda my main concern.  I got it up to a max about 175. The plan now is to save whatever for a large meal ... then warm it up in a crock-pot  <b></b>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Scott it sounds like the shoulder barely got out of rendering at 175.  You are correct it might need the crock-pot to make it tender.  Next time shoot for about 185-187 and do the FTC thing and it will pull great.  However 175-180 will give you the slicable version of things if you like it that way.  Welcome to the forum and don't be a stranger around these parts...

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Phone Guy

Welcome, thats quite a variety of meat for a first smoke. It sounds like you've done some home work.

JJC

Welcome, Scot--you're definitely the adventurous type, so please keep us posted on your smokes!  I agree that the should will be OK for slicing, but a couple hours in the crock pot should make it fall apart if you like it that way (which I do).  Good luck!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA