• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Need some opions

Started by SL2010, December 03, 2010, 05:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalBuilder

SL2010 - I might be a little leary of the thermometer. I have another brand but it has silicone covered cables and it looks like this one does too. I have gone through three sets of cables. They might hold up okay in the lower temps of the Bradley, but I used it a lot in my gas grill.

SL2010

FLBentRider

My digital scale maxes out at 5lbs, but I don't weigh more than that all that often, when I do I do it in batches.

with a 22lb capacity I'm not sure how accurate it is under 1 lb, down to 1/2 ounces or single grams.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

SL2010

For sausage making do i need one that weights  in grams 

classicrockgriller

I have a 22lb digital and I love it.

It was about the same as what the scale model was.

Also with the new ET-732 coming out ........

The et73's and the et-7's will probably go down in price.

They are both nice.

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

smoker pete

Have been told SL2010 that home spring scales tend to be less accurate over time so that's why I chose to purchase a digital one.  I plan on using my scale mostly for mixing recipes/rubs/etc which often call for small amounts of ounces/grams.  What I really like is the ability to measure something ... leave it on ... zero the scale ... and then add the next ingredient ... etc

I had 2 previous wireless thermometers before I read on the forum about the Maverick ET-73.  Got one and am extremely happy with it.  I have since received my new Maverick ET-732 and I'm sure I'll be enjoying it even more.  I would highly recommend the ET-732.  Have not used my other thermometers.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

deb415611