Bacon curing question

Started by KyNola, December 09, 2010, 01:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on December 10, 2010, 06:56:50 AM
Since we are spilling our guts here I have the same thoughts and fears.

I think it is a good thing to have these fears and thoughts. That just tells me we are paying attention and being safe. It is when we stop having these fears and thoughts that we get complacent and that is when things can go wrong.

Ditto!

I also let the meat rest in the fridge at least 12 hr to allow the salt to equalise and dry the surface.

KyNola

I think it is a good thing to have these fears and thoughts. That just tells me we are paying attention and being safe. It is when we stop having these fears and thoughts that we get complacent and that is when things can go wrong.
Very good point Chris.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Another good point is it is great to have a group like this that you can bounce questions or concerns off of and know you are going to get good valuable valid information.  Always helps me to know "these guys and gals have got my back".

BuyLowSellHigh

Since we are spilling our guts here I have the same thoughts and fears.

Totally agree!

Concern and caution is good when it comes to food safety.  Curing just adds one more element, and when working with things that can make you ill, or worse, it's a good sign to be concerned.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here