• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

tried everything still no heat

Started by canada, December 20, 2010, 09:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canada

Face plate where the temp control cracked... cold winter in canada... replaced it as bradley cs said moisture could get in and therefore no increase in temp other than from the smoke generator- which is all I was getting

after replacing that, still nothing.  I called them back- they are awesome to deal w by the way, they stated that since no light on main unit, and element not heating when bypassing the smoke gen- that most likely element... unit is 1 yr old.

new element and another temp control until show up and I replace both.   nothing still.  no heat from element.

I do not have an ohm reader and know nothing about electrical.

what do I do now..   my turkey will be here in 2 days to smoke the heck out of for cmas.
PLease help.   ???
Thanks.

Toker

Did you check your thermal fuse in case The red cable? It could be blown.

classicrockgriller

Ohm meters are not that much.

This may be a time to phone a friend.

Call Bradley back and ask to talk to Brian.

He'll get you going.

TestRocket

I don't think you can tell if the fuse is good by looking at it you will have to ohm it out or check for voltage on each side of it to the hot wire.

TestRocket

Thinking a little more about it the only way for the power light not to come on (with a new control slider/switch) is for the AC neutral not getting to the lamp. The AC neutral runs from the AC plug (on the back) and then through both the fuse and high temp sensor to the lamp. So it either is the fuse or high temp sensor! Good Luck!

pensrock

My guess is the high temp sensor.  ???