• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

High Limit Switch---Chez

Started by Oldman, July 30, 2005, 01:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Was testing my new fan this morning. The temp was 317 and that puppy was still bright red. At what temp does this high limit cut in?

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

According to Bradley's lit, 320F is the "maximum cooking temp", so I would guess that's where it kicks in.

In my experience, you could probably only get it that high if you were smoking a couple of McNuggets and I don't know why you'd want to get it that high anyway.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Phone Guy

You could almost bake a cake at that temp. Not sure what it would taste like though. [xx(]

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font size="2">You could almost bake a cake at that temp. Not sure what it would taste like though. [xx(]</font id="size2"><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You are correct... but understand I needed to push this to the Bradley limit. The last thing Chez needs is folks yelling at him...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

car54

Just out of curiosity I put a thermo coupler next to the high limit switch and cranked up the Bradley. It cut out at about 300 degrees but what concerns me is that it did not reset itself until 210 degees. That does not sound normal. The slider was set at abot 7/8th full. Does any one have any thoughts on this?

Thanks, Brad

Arcs_n_Sparks

Car54,

You would expect hysteresis in the thermal cut-out. That band seems high, but I would guess not out of the ordinary.

Arcs_n_Sparks

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by car54</i>
<br />Just out of curiosity I put a thermo coupler next to the high limit switch and cranked up the Bradley. It cut out at about 300 degrees but what concerns me is that it did not reset itself until 210 degees. That does not sound normal. The slider was set at abot 7/8th full. Does any one have any thoughts on this?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That sounds about what my unit does.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

psdubl07

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MallardWacker</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by car54</i>
<br />Just out of curiosity I put a thermo coupler next to the high limit switch and cranked up the Bradley. It cut out at about 300 degrees but what concerns me is that it did not reset itself until 210 degees. That does not sound normal. The slider was set at abot 7/8th full. Does any one have any thoughts on this?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That sounds about what my unit does.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mine too.....