• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Red Screen

Started by mschafer, December 24, 2010, 05:35:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mschafer

I got my DBS out this morning to get it ready for later today when I plugged it in the screen came on as usual then went all red, I unplugged it and tried again same thing happened. I had to leave for work so I didn't mess with it anymore, any ideas as to what I should check for.
MS

Caribou

I don't own a DBS but I'm wondering if the screen was effected by the cold.
Don't they have LC screens?
Someone who knows more will come and post real help ;)
Carolyn

mschafer

Living in Ohio I thought about the cold being a factor, but the unit was inside the garage before I took it outside. initially when it is plugged in all the light come on normally then after a few seconds it goes to red dashes.
MS

BuyLowSellHigh

Call Bradley Customer Service - open from 8 am to 4:30 CT

Customer Service Toll Free: (866) 508-7514

I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

pensrock

I live in PA and mine sits on the covered back deck all year long, I never seen a red screen on mine before. I agree, give Bradley CS a call.

watchdog56

I am in Minnesota and I use mine in the garage in the winter. It is not insulated. I have used it quite a few times already this winter and had it last winter also never had a problem. When it gets real cold in January I usually bring the generator in the house. Not sure what your problem could be. Contact Bradley,they will figure it out.

mschafer

I went back 35yrs to my tv repair days, unplugged everything and re-plugged them in sacrificed a goat  smoked the peace pipe and crossed my toes, everything came back on as normal but the puck advance is not working I must have forgotten the rooster foot or something. Pork butts are going in latter today I'll make it work some how. Thanks for the help gang I'll call the pros on Monday.

pensrock

If worse comes to worse.... You can quickly open the door every 20-30 minutes and put a puck on the burner by hand. Just do not leave the door open too long and loose all your heat, it will take forever to cook. Merry Xmas.

mschafer

Everything came out fine I just had to babysit the unit a little more than usual, I kept count of the pucks and used the advance a few times but the Bradley worked fine. Once I get everyone out of here today I will address the puck advance issue. Three guys standing around watching a smoker for the first 4 hours can drink a lot of beer.....
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions

BuyLowSellHigh

Quote from: mschafer on December 26, 2010, 05:27:43 AM

...  Three guys standing around watching a smoker for the first 4 hours can drink a lot of beer.....

That's the best part,  well almost.    ;D
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here

KyNola

So.....how did the pork butt turn out? :D  Glad you got it going.

mschafer

Meat turned out great once again, sadly... no pictures,meat or beer left.