• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Sunday Jerky

Started by Keymaster, December 26, 2010, 02:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Just finished up a 4 pound batch of Jerky. I used the Hi-Mountain Original seasoning & cure again. I cut down on the spices this time and Its just right, not to salty.

KyNola

Jerky slabs! ;)  They look great.  Love the color.

SL2010

WOW that looks so good can you share smoke time and temp i aint never made jerky in the DBS yet that post is making me hungry great job

Sailor

Nice looking jerky.  Those are keepers for sure.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

scoville

Wow looks great, nice job. :D

Keymaster

Quote from: SL2010 on December 26, 2010, 03:41:24 PM
WOW that looks so good can you share smoke time and temp i aint never made jerky in the DBS yet that post is making me hungry great job
You bet SL2010, I actually followed the directions for once in my life. It calls for you to heat your smoker up to 200° F and smoke for two hours or until IT reaches 165° F. It actually took four hours as it is so windy and cold my smokers average Temp was about 165°F. Last time I used Hi-mountains mix I did a hour at 100°F and a Few hours at 140°F and bumped it up to 170 for a few hours, I cannot tell the difference from the short smoke and the long smoke  ;D

SL2010

Well it came out looking great do you have your own slicer the cuts look great i am google-ing  slicers right now thanks for the come back

Keymaster

Quote from: SL2010 on December 26, 2010, 04:38:53 PM
Well it came out looking great do you have your own slicer the cuts look great i am google-ing  slicers right now thanks for the come back
This time I purchased the meat sliced but I do have a slicer ordered from cabelas which will arrive around the 3rd of January. Heres a stock photo

SL2010

Dang watch your fingers thats a machine there

Indy Smoker

SouthernSmoked

Dang, jerky looks awesome!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment