• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Anything "Quick" to do on a Bradley?

Started by seagravedriver, December 26, 2010, 10:40:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seagravedriver

Got a few relatives coming by, and I was currious if there is anything out there that can be "smoked" in a few hours? This would need to be eaten today in the late afternoon as well.   I know "Fast" and "Smoking" do not go well together. :-\

Tenpoint5

You can always throw a couple steaks in the Bradley and hit them with an hour of smoke at 225º then when the smoke is finished take them straight to the grill to finish. Or grab a jar of peanuts mix them with some Carolina Treet and/or some hot sauce then put them in the smoker at 200 with 2 hours of smoke then bring in the house oven at 250º until dried. (The wet ingredients return to a powder)

That's the best I can offer right off the top of my head on short notice
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

ABT's and mooink balls are quick, easy and soooo good.  :)

KevinG

Atomic Buffalo Turds - aka stuffed jalapenos.

Rodney Dangerfield got his material from watching me.
Learn to hunt deer www.lulu.com/mediabyKevinG

Indy Smoker

Caneyscud

Few hours?  The ultimate few hours smoked dish is baby back ribs.  Routinely get them done in 4 to 5 hours. 

Boneless chicken thighs are fairly fast.  Lots of things can be done with them with marinades and rubs.  Or you can stuff them with something (cheese comes to mind) and wrap in bacon and smoke and glaze.  Boneless chicken breast are fast also, but tricky not to get dry. 

Pork tenderloins don't take long.  Because so lean, dryness can be a factor.  So I usually marinade, stuff, and wrap in bacon.  Or slice in 1" thick slices, cut a pocket into the side of the slice, stuff with jalapeno, cheese, green onion, and a shrimp and wrap in bacon. 

ABT and Moinkballs are both great.  Get creative with the glaze on the moinkballs.  On the last ones I did I used a combination of a thin, sweet but spicy hot sauce and Cream of Coconut, and pineapple juice.  They went fast - real fast.

ABT's are good a variety of ways.  One way is just to cut the stem in off, dig out the seeds and membranes and stick some cheese, or a cocktail sausage, or a tater top, some green onion or a combo, wrap bacon around and stick in a holder and smoke.  the other way is to half a pepper lengthwise, mix some cream cheese and cooked chorizo (or just about anything else) and stuff the half - wrap in bacon and smoke. 

Fatties are fast - and the skies are the limit as to stuffing materials, rubs and glazes.  From Bacon Explosions to the original - just unwrap a roll of breakfast sausage, sprinkle on some rub and smoke.

Smoked meatloafs are awesome, and as long as they are not too big, can be fast. 

Smoked catfish fillets or smoke shrimp are quick.

Whole spatchcocked chicken doesn't take all that long - neither does a small turkey.

Cornish game hens are wonderful smoked

Take a deboned quail or dove breast - sneak in a slice of jalapeno and wrap in bacon.

There are a couple of killer looking duck recipes on the forum that don't take all that long

Chicken Wings. - I'll skin and marinade in a sauce of butter and hot sauce before smoking.

Smoked spam ain't all that bad, especially with a tropical pineapple inspired sauce

Smoke brats

Peel the casing off a chub bologna, cut a few shallow slits lengthwise, sprinkle on some rub and smoke for some killer bologna sandwiches.  .

Take thick slices of cured ham.  Stick in smoker and glaze with a sweet pepper jelly glaze or a pineapple soy sauce glaze. 

Sams has had a Prime Beef Butt.  Only takes 3 to 4 hours for rare goodness. 

Tri-tip is tender enough that it can be a quick smoke.

Wrap a hot dog in bacon and smoke.  I've also added cheese, but can get messy.

Country style pork ribs don't take all that long. 

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

TestRocket

OU812

Keymaster

I like these Armadillo eggs, I got the recipe off the addicted to BBQ forum I like to frequent

Ingredients:
Jalapeno peppers
Cream cheese
Yellow food coloring
Jimmy Dean Sausage

Cut ends off jalapenos and remove seeds and veins. Mix yellow food coloring into cream cheese (everyone knows yolks are yellow ) Stuff jalapenos with cream cheese. Wrap stuffed jalapenos with sausage. Sprinkle with your favorite rub. Smoke at 225-250 until done. Cook time (generally 1-1.5 hours) will depend upon the thickness of the sausage.

Tip: Pat the sausage out flat on the cutting board then roll the jap up into the sausage. Otherwise, the sausage tends to be very thick around the jap.

drano

Chicken wings.
I've done 21 wings at 230 deg and it takes 2 hours. 
I cut the wings up at the joints, coat them in normal rub I have on hand, and have at it. 

get smokin
drano