• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Why Don't Bradleys.....

Started by RFT, January 01, 2011, 11:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RFT

Curious. ;D  But why don't the Bradleys come with an heavy duty 15' or 20' long power cord? 

It's obvious that no one is going to smoke within 3ft of there house for safety reasons and is going to have to use an extension cord any way so why not just make the power cord a heavy duty 10 or 12 gage by 15ft.

Just asking.
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

pensrock

OK, I got one too. Why don't Bradley make a deal with Auber and build a pid right into the DBS? It would be a great feature and I'm sure they would be able to get a decent quantity discount coupled with not needing the existing electronic except for the puck burner part, so the added cost should be fairly low. I'm just talking about a standard pid.

iceman

Quote from: pensrock on January 01, 2011, 12:09:04 PM
OK, I got one too. Why don't Bradley make a deal with Auber and build a pid right into the DBS? It would be a great feature and I'm sure they would be able to get a decent quantity discount coupled with not needing the existing electronic except for the puck burner part, so the added cost should be fairly low. I'm just talking about a standard pid.

They could also include a dak modem phone dialer pens like I put on my PID so it calls your cell phone when the IT is reached  ;D  ;)

micman

RTF a lot of guys have them in their homes, garages and shops, many pics on here to show that, they also have elaborate vent systems to go with them. As being a firefighter I don't advocate that you do that, some pics on this site support that idea.(smoker fires). I would suggest some type of detection and not to go out while you are using your smoker, proper cleanliness and changing of your puck bucket when it fills will keep the dreaded grease fire from happening.

I hope others will way in on there experiences here. If we practice safe we will be safe.

mic

Habanero Smoker

I would guess it is probably for insurance reasons. Many household appliances come with a short cord, to prevent the user from snagging the cord and tipping the appliance over while it is in use, and they all state do not use an extension cord (I'm not sure if Bradley has that statement in their manual). I have to use an extension cord for almost all of my appliances to get power to them, and I often get snagged on the extension cord.  :)

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

beefmann

i have made a 14 gage 25 foot cord for my bradley  and  have had no problems with it  running a 900 watt heater, 120 cfm blower as well as a timer and pid, ]

just bought a 14 gage cord  cut off  the  one end and wired up a computer style plug in the end of it and i was off and smoking. been running this set up for several years now

BuyLowSellHigh

It's a good question, maybe it could be an accessory cord.

I am blessed with 3 separate outlets on two separate GFI circuits in a 12 ' span no our patio where I run the Bradley.  I typically need 3 outlets - one for the Auber/cabinet, one for the SG and a 3rd for the fan - so a single long cord wouldn't do it for me anyways. My solution is I found this 8' 14 ga, 4-outlet cord with 15-amp internal breaker at Lowes for $13.  Does the job very well.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here