• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Introducing ListerD

Started by Oldman, August 07, 2005, 12:12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Hey all,
A friend from a gaming site is into smoking foods.  He is looking into stepping up later on to a newer type of smoker. He is not sure yet what he is going to get or when he is going to be able to do it.  Nevertheless, I explained that we are all just food smokers under the sun, and invited him over. So if you all see ListerD posting keep in mind he's a little uncomfortable about posting here as he does not have a Bradley...as I said to him, ya we all would like to see you with a Bradley but the important thing is the smoke.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

ListerD

Howdy! I feel all "new and improved" after that introduction! [:D]

Well, I don't know that moving up is the right term...(?) [:o)]

I've done grilling and smoking in an offset (pit) for quite a few years now. I'm adding a cabinet style to the collection to get more done during the week when I don't have all that time to just sit there and watch a fire.

I decided on the Great Outdoors propane cabinet style for now. Hope in the spring to modify it to use the BS generator as a couple others have done here. The two good posts I found on it gave me some inspiration for sure!

Been reading some of the recipes and looking at the pics, I see that there are some true smoke masters here and I hope to learn something and contribute what I can.

ListerD (Rick)

Arcs_n_Sparks

ListerD,

Come on in, the heat and smoke are fine![8D]

Fair to say most here do not care where the heat and smoke comes from; just enjoying the end product. Of course, using a common platform offers a common soapbox for exchanges of thoughts[:D]

Welcome.

Arcs_n_Sparks

jaeger

Welcome to the forum Rick!!!
I really like the looks of this smoker as well. I saw one at Walmart right after I bought my Bradley. Recently I noticed that Cabelas in Mitchel SD has their name on a stainless model. Looked pretty nice and was reasonably priced as well. I think you will be happy with this smoker. The only down side is, I doubt if you will find a lot of operational feedback online so the learning curve will be all on you. The good side is, you have found a great forum here for recipes and techniques and Olds will keep you on track with any questions you may have.
I look forward to hearing your techniques and results. I am really anxious to hear how this rig works out. Be sure to let us know the good, the bad and the ugly!!![:D][8D][;)]

P.S.
If you do try a Bradley generator, you may consider using a seperate box with a hose to pipe in the smoke so you don't interfere with the heat source of your rig, basically, just like a lot of us use to Cold Smoke with our Bradley's.

<font size="4"><b>Doug</b></font id="size4">

ListerD

Thanks for the welcome!

jaeger - I ordered mine from Wally World (What I call Walmart[:)]).

If the model number is correct on Wally World's web site, I got the wide version and saved $50, if not I got the narrow and saved $28. There's some confusion on Walmarts part about which version is which, either is fine with me though the wider one would be much nicer to have.

I did make serious note of the external mounting for the generator (via the box and duct). I realy like that idea as it gives me the smoke (duh [:o)]) and would allow me to cold smoke. Something I have yet to attempt!

Habanero Smoker

Rick,
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have another smoker aboard.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Chez Bubba

Welcome Rick, please feel free to share with and ask questions of us. Look forward to your posts.

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

BigSmoker

Post away and welcome aboard[:D].

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.