• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

BS gear box problem

Started by SueBn, August 07, 2005, 05:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SueBn

After replacing parts on my BS, I have found a gear in the gear box to be worn preventing it from advancing the bisquets.  Is there any way around this? Or do I have to replace the entire generator or just the gear box?  And where would I find one? The BS is full of salmon now, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Sue

Sue

nsxbill

Sorry to hear about your problem. I hope your smoker is less than a year old.  Warranty will cover.  I know that won't help you today with a smoker full of salmon.  If less than a year, contact Bradley by phone tomorrow.  If more, I suspect you will have to replace the entire smoke generator, unless something has changed on parts availability.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

SueBn

Thanks Bill - unfortunately, it is 3 years old. I suppose I could get the generator from Chez? Or do I need to go direct to Bradley? Right now I am hand feeding the BS - it's going to be a long day and a day without fishing! Thanks for the input.
Sue

Sue

nsxbill

There are a lot of folks that have had their generator replaced that might have that gear you need.  Many lose the advance motor, and while under warranty, have received a complete new generator.  Putting out a plea for parts might help.  

Yes, Chez can sell you a generator.  He might also have a parts answer for you, if you ask that question first.  

If I had known you were in Rescue, I could have lent you the generator off one of my smokers.  I have two, and I am in Cameron Park, on the hill overlooking the Airport from the East Side.  Small world!  I called all your number without success.  Left a message on your cellphone.

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

Bill you are the man~~! What a guy! [^]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SueBn

Bill - I agree!  You ARE the man!!  Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately I was in Bodega Bay at the time, fishing - well at least I had hoped to on Sunday but instead spent the entire day hand feeding the BS.  The salmon turned out great, by the way and caught a 20 pounder on Monday which I will smoke on my SS BS at home - I know that one works!  I will send out my plea for the gear box though - that was a great idea - thanks.

Sue

Sue