Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin with Pics!!!

Started by JTM, January 04, 2011, 08:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTM

Well, Kroger had Pork Loin on sale so for my 4th Bradley smoke I gave it a try.  I started with a 4lb loin.  I cut about 1lb off the end and then split it in half for two 1.5lb pieces.  I marinated both pieces about 16 hours in a concoction of Worcestershire sauce, EVOO, garlic salt, brown sugar, minced onion, and a little cinnamon.  After that, I wrapped each piece with 6 or 7 slices of bacon.  I then smoked for 2 hours using Apple pucks and continued to cook for another hour and a half until the IT reached 150 (The Bradley averaged around 200).  I pulled them both off and stuck them under the oven broiler (with the oven door open) for about 5 min to crisp the bacon.

Honestly, I have never had a loin with this much flavor.  Typically, I'm not a loin fan due to the lack of fat but this turned out great.  Next time, I'll turn the loins over in the oven to crisp both sides.  Other than that, I couldn't have been happier!!!

classicrockgriller

BOING! WOW!

Sweet!

I'm eating at your House!

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

SnellySmokesEm

Nice pork loin.  Looks very moist.  You might try the bacon weave next time.

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?669-Bacon-Weave-101

It might help the bacon and loin stay together.
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

TestRocket

Very vice looking pork loin you got there JTM, Congrats!  ;D

Tenpoint5

That's what were talking about!!! Great cook
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

JTM

WOW!!! The Bacon Weave is amazing!  That's it!  I'm buying another loin  ;D

SoCalBuilder

That does look sweet with all that bacon wrapped around it. ;D

I did my first pork loin roast last weekend in the OBS. I got a 5 lb'er for about 99 cents a lb at the local market. Whacked it in two and froze the other half for some more Canadian later on. I've never been a big fan of loin roasts in the past because they got a little dry, but nothing from the Bradley has been a disappointment yet, so I just oiled her up with the olive oil, a little salt, pepper and some granulated garlic. I pulled it, per suggestions from the forum, at an IT of 145* and wrapper her up for a couple hours. It was so moist and tender, that you almost thought it was undercooked and anyone with that concern might have shied away from it until they tasted it. My new favorite sandwich now is a sliced porkloin on toast with just mayo and lettuce.

OU812

Great lookin Loins there JTM.

Anything wrapped in BACON has gotta be gooood.

Try splitting a loin down the middle like a Hoagie bun and stuff with some of your favorits, like onions peppers, shrooms, cheese and what ever trips your trigger then wrap in the weave seam side of the loin up and smoke/cook till your it is 145 F

I throw mine in the grill on high and cook indirect to crisp up the bacon.

Just throwin this out there.

SnellySmokesEm

Quote from: OU812 on January 05, 2011, 09:31:39 AM

Try splitting a loin down the middle like a Hoagie bun and stuff with some of your favorits, like onions peppers, shrooms, cheese and what ever trips your trigger then wrap in the weave seam side of the loin up and smoke/cook till your it is 145 F

Now thats a helluva idea....
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on January 05, 2011, 10:44:04 AM
Quote from: OU812 on January 05, 2011, 09:31:39 AM

Now thats a helluva idea....

I do it with deer loins all the time.

KyNola

JTM

Stuffing the loin is what I wanted to do.  Unfortunately, I had nothing laying around I felt would make a good stuffing.  Do any of you have stuffing recipes?

OU812

Quote from: JTM on January 05, 2011, 11:55:54 AM
Stuffing the loin is what I wanted to do.  Unfortunately, I had nothing laying around I felt would make a good stuffing.  Do any of you have stuffing recipes?

Just use what sounds good.

Mine always start with onion, shrooms and jalapenos then build from there.

The stuffings are end less.

Heck I've even stuffed with sausage.