• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

biting the bullet with the ZO ! !

Started by beefmann, January 07, 2011, 02:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beefmann

Well i bit the Bullet and in the process of making some country white bread with the  ZO it is currently baking

cant wait till its done... love the aroma around the home

next i want to try some French bread  or Italian

TestRocket

Ooh, ooh that smell
Can't you smell that smell?

The smell of fresh bread makes my mouth water! I can't wait to see that loaf with a tan!  ;D 

beefmann

test, you asked for it , you  got it, and its yummmy

TestRocket

I'd like two slices, toasted and buttered with bacon, two eggs over medium and a side of grits and a large OJ for breakfast in the morning please! Yummy! You done good!   ;D

ADH

classicrockgriller

Look in that Fancy Knife set you have and see if you have a Bread knife.

Turn the loaf on it side to slice the Bread.

It does look mighty nice! Congrats!

Smokin Soon

Did some rye beer bread tonight mixed with the Zo. It's one I do on a regular basis.

2 cups rye flour
1 3/4 cups room temperature beer
2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons Margerine
1 egg
3 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional)
1 tablespoon cornmeal
1/2 cup Fine shredded Asagio
2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
2 teaspoon Onion Powder

Instructions
1.Combine rye flour, beer, and yeast in a large bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Set out overnight. Do not refrigerate.
2.The next day, add sugar, salt, shortening, and egg; beat with mixer until smooth. Stir in caraway seeds, if wanted. Add enough white bread flour to make a soft dough.
3.Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth, approximately 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, and turn to oil the surface of the dough. Let rise in warm place about 2 hours, or until doubled.
4.Punch down dough, and divide in half. Shape into round or oblong loaves, and place on greased baking sheets sprinkled with corn meal. Let rise for 1 hour
5.Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Cool on racks.

Cuisine :       
Main Ingredient :   

Use glass or plastic when making the beer mush. I leave it in the oven overnight with the light on. I mix the cheese, onion and garlic powder in with the beer mush. If your bread machine has a setting to add fruit or nuts at a given time, put the caraway seeds in then. Before baking, I use an eggwash for a shiny crust and to make my toppings stick. A good dark beer has more flavor.

The best toppings in the world are here.

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/everything-bread-and-bagel-topping-8-oz

For a decent price on Rye Flour, check Cash & Carry, otherwise order online. It's a little pricey in the stores around here.

Have fun with yer Zo!