• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Ultimate outdoor kitchen

Started by Drac, January 10, 2011, 10:32:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

Good day all,

If you had an unlimited budget, space and not likely to be divorced what would you do for an out door kitchen?  What equipment? Sinks, fridges, flat grills?

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

Tenpoint5

I happen to have a book on building outdoor kitchens and BBQ's. Hal has a copy of the same book. I can tell you there isn't enough space in my 60x90 back yard to incorporate everything I would want given them guidelines.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

I visited a friend of my Mom's in Fla that had the coolest outdoor Kitchen I have ever seen. Wish I would have gotten pics. It had Viking monster grill, countertop burners, stainless commercial smoker, convection oven, stone wood burning oven, sinks, reefers, not to mention a wet bar to die for. He even went so far as to divide the kitchen area from the pool area with Hurricane shutters. When I asked why would you want that?.........."Son, that's where our booze is!

hal4uk

I'm still planning mine.. (remodeling the INSIDE kitchen at the moment)...
But.. just a few thoughts...

I expect to forego plumbing/sinks, but mine will be close enough to the indoor kitchen I don't care.
That really is a lot of trouble for what it's worth --- unless your outdoor area is crazy far from the indoor kitchen.

I plan on a big grill area and smoker area with lots of countertop space.
Most importantly -- for me -- I want as much covered (roof) area as possible.
This probably wouldn't be a priority in some places, but in Illinois...
Shade from sun, shelter from rain (and snow) are very high on my list.

Splurging beyond these requirements, I am considering a FRY area.
I love fried food, but it's nasty business INSIDE, and dragging out the turkey fryer is a PIA.
An area dedicated for frying would be very nice.

Let's see... what else?....  I'd like some barstools adjacent to a counter by the main cooking areas..
That way, the guys "helping" cook could hang out with a beer, without being in the way... 
You know... the "moral support" types...   ;D  ;D  ;D

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ronbeaux

I'd incorporate one of those choppy choppy flat steal heat surfaces they use in the Japanese sling stuff joints.
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Slamdunk

Good timing ! I'm just starting to plan my new (to me) back yard and an outdoor cooking area and am coming up empty. I'm going to bring in an outdoor designer for his ideas so it would be great to see what others have so I can show some examples to the designer.
Pics please!!

Keymaster

Thats a tough question, I d start out in my horseshoe shaped outdoor kitchen with the fridge/freezer to the right as I walk out my back sliding glass door (beer and ice cold crown), then i would put a good SS table next to that with a 24x24x24 hot and cold sink, as we are approaching the corner I would place my primo oval xl on a teak and stainless type cabinet, to the left of the primo I would put a 42" Tv above the wet bar above the cabinet where I keep my kilt   ;D , Then comes the Deep fryer right next to the flat/grooved grill and toaster oven-microwave then a nice chop block to  finishing up with the bradley Digital 6. This will never happen but fun wishing  ;D

StickyDan

Man I'd love an outdoor kitchen.  Unfortunately, I have to think about getting the interior done before I can even think about the exterior.  Not sure if this would help anybody, but I recently found this great/free software for designing.  http://www.sweethome3d.com/index.jsp  I've been using it to layout out my plans for renovating.  It's pretty easy to use and did I mention it's free.