• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I gotta box too, but it wasn't mine

Started by SoCalBuilder, February 01, 2011, 01:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalBuilder

I was expecting a delivery from a supplier that is mentioned here often. Sitting on the porch when I got home were two boxes from them. Opened the first and recognized what I had ordered. Opened the second and found a book and a package of a food additive. I didn't remember ordering this and began to worry that Alzheimers had set in early, but I found some papers inside that dispelled my diagnosis. Amongst a couple of instruction sheets was a handwritten order form. I surmised that this was a standard phone-order sheet used by the supplier. It showed the name of the buyer and what he wanted to buy. It also had his credit card number, expiration date and the three digit code on the back of the card.

How it got sent to me is still unknown, although I'm sure after I called the company and filled them in on what had happened, some hard questions were probably asked. I gave them the tracking number and it was left at that. I assume i will soon get a return authorization label in the mail.

This won't stop me from ordering over the phone or the net, but I suppose if I don't get some kind of notice of shipping soon after, I'll be more apt to check up on it.

hal4uk

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

iceman

Watch your statements close guys. We got nailed a few months ago from a source we have used for years. The credit card company traced it back to them and caught the guy. Had to go to the lawyers and sign papers in order to press charges. Felt good to nuke the weasel big time. We use one credit card with a very low limit for on line purchases only and they caught some unusual charges and notified us. They backed off all unauthorized items and sent us a new card within a week. Love it.  ;)