Food Grade Silicone Spray

Started by Scotty-G, February 14, 2011, 08:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty-G

Was at my local Grainger today and asked if they had any food grade silicone spray.
We looked through their catalog and saw several different types - turns out most of them have been banned in California so no luck in purchasing them.
What they did have was

Anyone have any experience with this product?  Price was lower than ordering the aerosol spray from LEM or Weston.  Is 16oz vs 10oz.

Was thinking of using it for my sausage stuffer.

Thanks
Scotty-G

La Quinta

Scotty...what do you use that stuff for? To spray the extruder tube?

Scotty-G

From what I had heard, should be used on inside sides of the cylinder when the plunger pushes down on the ground meat as it is being stuffed.
Lubes so the o-ring on the edge of the plunger moves easier and use it on the gears to keep them moving properly.

classicrockgriller

Mine is a non-aerosol type spray.

I lighty mist my grinders, stuffers, slicer after clean up.

Come back with a sprayed paper towel and kinda spread

it around to get an even coat.

I have the aerosol from Lem also, but it stinks.

I also use a food grade grease for the gears.

BuyLowSellHigh

On my stuffer o-ring, shaft and gears I use Lubriplate Food-Grade Grease.  It's simply USP mineral oil turned into a paste with Zinc Oxide (the old fashioned sunblock for your lips, nose, etc), plus some anticorrosion additives.  On everything else (grinder parts, etc.) I use USP mineral oil that you can get at your local pharmacy, usually in the laxative section.

Allied Kenco has both, plus some other options like a small tube of food grade grease like the Lubriplate and silicone spray.
I like animals, they taste good!

Visit the Recipe site here