• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Thermal blanket/covers?

Started by jack and coke, February 01, 2011, 06:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack and coke

does anyone know if bradley sells a thermal blanket for the bos.  just wondering.  you guys have any remedies for winter temps and trying to keep heat in the cabinet?

TestRocket

I haven't seen a store bought blanket but I have read where some are using welding blankets and the like to wrap around the cabinet. Just don't block the vent.

schneep

I live in Wisconsin and have smoked in -15 degrees, with no problem, just make sure your smoker is out of the wind.
I have a OBS, Auber PID and the ET-73 and everything works in the weather I have.
Retirement, Everyday's a Holiday, and every night's a Saturday night!!

TedEbear

I wonder if a thermal blanket like they sell for wrapping around water heaters would work?  I think they're around $20 at places like Home Depot.

Habanero Smoker

Also emergency thermal blankets should work. Plus they are lighter, and remain very flexible in cold weather.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

wyoduke

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 02, 2011, 01:14:20 AM
Also emergency thermal blankets should work. Plus they are lighter, and remain very flexible in cold weather.
this is what i use works good for me
1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

RFT

I use one of these but made for a Bradley,  Thermal Blanket   

I make and sell blankets for the Chief smokers.  I made one for my OBS and it works great.  Blanket is made of thermal foil shield bubble wrap you can get at Lowes.  Material is only 24" tall so it is a little short for the Bradley by about 3" but still works great.
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.