• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

first time brawts

Started by dbondy, February 06, 2011, 05:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbondy

Well this is my first try at brawts. I used 100% pork in these, I also split the batch in two. The first 12.5 pounds I added some garlic, black pepper,cayanne and red pepper flakes. The secound 12.5 lbs I just added black pepper. This was also made out of a HM kit, If it turns out half as good as there polish sausage kit I,ll be happy. This was my first try with real casings and it was easier than I thought it would be, I only had a few blow outs. The only problem with the kit was that they didn,t give enough casings, good thing I had the casings for the polish sausage from the other kit I had on hand. It took a little practice but linking them wasn,t to hard and came out good for my first try. I just put the first batch in the OBS so I,ll have to post the finished pics latter.

25lbs of butt roast

ground and divided in half

the spiced up batch

the other half

3rensho

Wow, those are looking mighty fine!!  Great job.  I'd say you done got her nailed.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

OU812

Niiiiiiice.

Looks like you got the hang of it.  ;D

NePaSmoKer

Hey db

I will bring the rolls and the libation  ;D

Nice brats

pikeman_95

good looking sausage. it looks like you did a fine job of stuffing. Nice plump casings. Looking forward to the final pictures.

Kc

classicrockgriller

Very nice!

Looks like you had a lot of fun this weekend.

Great pics.

dbondy

Thanks guys, just got the first batch off and the second one on.

casings are dry and got the smoke rolling, hope it doesn,t take to long because its going to get cold here tonight around 4F. ???

SouthernSmoked

Oh, heck yeah! Nice looking Brats!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Tenpoint5

Nice looking Brats. Does the Kit come with the cure #1 already mixed in or did you add it when you mixed the meat?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

dbondy

Hi 10.5 the kit come with the cure packets separate, you can make fresh brawts with no cure or add the cure if you are smoking them. The kit does 24lbs, but they separate the seasoning and cure packets in two so it is easier to do half batchs.

Heres the secound batch

smoker pete

Great looking Brats there dbondy!!  Hope mine turn out half that good when I finally get off my duff and make my first batch.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

OU812

DAAAAMN!!

Them Brats look Grrrrrrrrrreat!!

Now I have to suffer another 45 min till lunch time.

Tenpoint5

I was hoping you had some cure in there they look Great!!. Just heat and eat!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

drano

Wow, are you sure this is your first time?  They look awesome!
Yep, you're hooked for life.  Now you need to figure out what you'll make next. 
I'd be making more, but I need to get a second element installed to battle the fridge SD cold.
get smokin
drano