• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My brand new smoker will not work!!!!

Started by outdoorvideomaster, February 13, 2011, 11:57:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorvideomaster

My wife bought me a brand new Bradley Smoker for Christmas and today was the 1st day I was gonna try it out. Got my ribs all ready and everything and the dang thing will not heat up. The chip side does alright but it will not heat up on the oven side!!! I thought something was up when I tried to season it yesterday and it never got abov e 124 degrees. Turn the oven on and after 20 minutes still reads only 87degrees. Even touched the heating element with my finger. Nothing!!!!! Bad thing is it's the freakin' all electronic $450 model. What the heck is wrong with this thing. Was gonna fix ribs and all for the tv crew for Blood Brothers Tv. Holy non-smoker batman!!!
Freakin' PO'd!!!

LumpyDVC

Double check all your cable connections. Un-plug/re-plug.
-= Lumpy # 2 =-

KyNola

Try unplugging and then very firmly plugging the power cable that runs from the generator to the tower.  Sometimes the plug on the tower end has to be very firmly plugged in.

outdoorvideomaster

Already have! Ten times.  >:( I'm just going to use the smoker part today then finish everything on ol' trusty (my ol' gas wood smoker) and do a segment on the show with it as is. Deeanngit!!!! Then tomorrow I'll explore taking it back to the store.

outdoorvideomaster

Oh, I'm sure it's the element more than likely. Which is easily fixed and all but dangit!!! Hopefully not that electronic control box!!! Sheeezzuuussss!!!!

Jim O

Hey,OVM

Don't get discouraged.

Bradley makes a top notch product,and the customer service is second to none!

Hang in there and give Bradley a call in the morning.

They'll make it right I'm sure!

Jim O

- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Habanero Smoker

The following link is handy for troubleshooting, and often assisting in getting you up and going.

Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

outdoorvideomaster

I'm not getting too discouraged other than the fact that it's brand dang new!! I'm cold smokin' the ribs but because of the harsh sunlight I've been able to get the unit up to 193. It held there for an hour or so but is now down to 172. I've got my ol' smoker up and ready to take over business as soon as the bradley gets to 160.
On another note, one of the members graciously gave me his number and I contacted him. He gave me his more than two cents and troubleshot some stuff with me. No company affiliation whatsoever. Just someone wanting to make darn sure I give the unit a solid effort. Which I will. Brotha I apprciate it more than you know and Bradley ought to be damn proud to have folks like you standing behind their product. Guaranteed!!!!!!

muebe

The built-in thermostat is not very accurate. Are you using that to guage the temp? My built-in thermostat was reading 165F when the actual cabin temp was 220F using a PID reading. If the guage got to 193F then the heating element must be working..
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)