• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Takin' it to the streets...

Started by Ka Honu, March 08, 2011, 12:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ka Honu

It's almost time to put on my best chapeau (don't have a capuchon) and some beads and head to downtown Honolulu for the annual Mardi Gras block party (several blocks, actually).  I had some gumbo for an early lunch and will visit a friend's food booth for some red beans and rice once I'm there.  Probably no King cake or absinthe, but you make do where you have to.

Aloha, all and "Laissez les bons temps rouler."

squirtthecat

Quarlow

Second line: ok whatever you said had to be good. Happy Mardi Gras. They actually sell Absinthe here in B.C. now. Someday I may just have to try this stuff. I love the color of it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Ka Honu

Q - The "second line" is the group that follows an actual parade unit (main line) just to participate, dance, and enjoy the music. "Second lining" is an old New Orleans/Mardi Gras tradition.

KyNola

Quote from: Ka Honu on March 09, 2011, 08:17:44 AM
Q - The "second line" is the group that follows an actual parade unit (main line) just to participate, dance, and enjoy the music. "Second lining" is an old New Orleans/Mardi Gras tradition.
And more often than not, this is the song that will be playing as you second line down the street.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58XVr5YE8w

Quarlow

Sounds like a blast. I wonder how many Mardi gras beads I could collect.  ;D Lord knows my jugs are big enough.  :D :D :D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.