• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Black Pepper Coated SS

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 10, 2011, 01:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

This pound of GB been floating around in the fridge for a couple days so i said hey i wanna try somethin.

So i coated a casing with black pepper and made a small pepper coated mini SS chub. Cant see the BP that good buts its there.

Tenpoint5

Interesting So is you gonna spill the beans on how you got the BP to stick to the inside of the casing?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Now that would be a secret security breach... lol

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

NePaSmoKer

I do think its going to work, Just need to get the coating down better so the black pepper adheres to the inside all around. When i put the casing on the tube some of the coating came off. Going with a 1.5 hour bloom on the chub.

pensrock

NePaSmoKer

mow_delon

Maybe I am not getting it, but how do you keep the meat from just pushing the pepper to the bottom of the casing?  I would think the only way to get this to work proper would be to form a log with out casing and roll the meat in black pepper.  Definately watching to see how this turns out.

By the way, finally got some venison summer sausage made with the recipe you posted a couple weeks back and was by far the best I have ever made!  Thank you very much for letting this recipe out, Nepas!

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: mow_delon on March 11, 2011, 08:33:20 AM
Maybe I am not getting it, but how do you keep the meat from just pushing the pepper to the bottom of the casing?  I would think the only way to get this to work proper would be to form a log with out casing and roll the meat in black pepper.  Definately watching to see how this turns out.

By the way, finally got some venison summer sausage made with the recipe you posted a couple weeks back and was by far the best I have ever made!  Thank you very much for letting this recipe out, Nepas!

The inside of the casing was soaked with water and food grade soy bean oil, This helps the pepper stick to the casing.

smokeNcanuck

That's cool, I have been wanting to try something like this since my dad bought some
pepper coated salami at xmas (it was really really god).  Thanks for the tips NePas!
You are the KING ;)
Either Way....I'm Smoke'N It

Keymaster

Darn good idea Rick, Thats gonna be killer!!!

ronbeaux

Vac that and bring it to Nawlins!!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: ronbeaux on March 11, 2011, 06:20:43 PM
Vac that and bring it to Nawlins!!

Its heading south  ;D

I will be making more of the chubs.