• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

limp sticks

Started by jack and coke, March 11, 2011, 06:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack and coke

got beef sticks in the smoker right now.  got like 5 degrees till internal hits 152.  felt them and they are limp and soft. 

i know when i stuffed them the meat was a little more wet than normal bc of bbq sauce and hot sauce.  should i let them go longer to harden up some?  any help input would be awsome

thank you

Quarlow

Just a thought as I don't know for sure. But I would think when they are all warm coming from the smoker they would be limper than after cooling down. Now the experts may feel free to correct me if I am wrong.  ;D
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

jack and coke

mow_delon

Made some pepperoni sticks a couple weeks ago that were the same way so I let them in the smoker a little longer.  Like to 180 degrees.  The only ones that ended up at all decent were the ones I pulled first to see if they would firm up.  The rest were way over-done for my liking.  I say pull the sticks when you get to 152.

mow_delon

Oops, I thought this was a current thread.  When did you end up pulling the sticks and how did they turn out?

pfowl01

QuoteI say pull the sticks when you get to 152     

I agree....they will firm up as the cool

jack and coke

i keep the temp at 170.  left them in there long.  dried out some. 

i had them turn out way better before. 

NePaSmoKer

I pull between 147-149* sticks stay moist in these temps. Pull, hang and they will come close to IT by themselves without any heat.

Thats how i do sticks but do what works best for you.    SMOKE ON