• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

GB Jerky

Started by NePaSmoKer, March 31, 2011, 12:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Got 2 racks of pepper GB jerky going in my 4 rack. Getting 6 pucks hickory cold smoke. 2.5 lbs the other 2.5 lbs is being MAK smoked.

Keymaster

Do you then put them in the dehydrator Master Po? ;D I still gotta use my dehydrator and want to do GB Jerky but not sure if I smoke first then dehydrate or just use liquid smoke and no cure and just Dehydrate. Whats the best way to do GB Jerky? I want to do some this weekend ;)

Quarlow

Oooo aaaa ooow yucky did he really say the LS (liquid smoke) word. bluck yuk guck chuk gag. ...... It's OK I will be alright.  :D :D :D ok just kidding. some very nice people have use it before and they lived to tell about it. Seriously though, you have a smoker ya might as well use it. I would smoke first and dehydrate to finish. Nepa can answer about the cure.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

pikeman_95

I would use cure just like you would us in sausage. The cure helps bind the meat. This is important with gb jerky. When you get it in the smoker and the jerky gets to curing temp it will turn pink. I am rolling smoke all the time. When I get enough smoke It heads for the dehydrator. You will find the dehydrator does a nice on taking out the moisture. Just don't rush the dehydrator too fast so the moisture comes out at a even pace.

Kirby

Rick is this a batch with Greg's spicy stick recipe? How about some close pics of the finished product.

NePaSmoKer

Still in dehydtator. This is my own recipe. I'm out with mrs right now.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

NePaSmoKer

Been kinda busy here and there.

GB Jerky

OU812

Lookin gooood.

Can I have the pile on the lower left?  ;D

Keymaster

Quote from: OU812 on April 01, 2011, 03:10:58 PM
Lookin gooood.

Can I have the pile on the lower left?  ;D
And I'll have the rest ;D

NePaSmoKer

By the time ya'll get here it will be history  :D

pikeman_95

Rick

Did you use your thinner jerky tip to shoot this last batch of sticks.

Kirby

SouthernSmoked

Rick, GB Jerky looks pretty darn tasty!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little