• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hot Water Bath

Started by pfowl01, March 26, 2011, 03:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Quote from: grnhs on April 07, 2011, 03:26:31 PM

Been looking for a good reason to have an electric roaster oven ;D

Makes a great steam table too.  ;D

grnhs

OU is that when you put the pan in over the water and heat the pan with the water?

pikeman_95

The turkey roaster looks like a great idea for so many guys. It is long and has some temperature controls. Can you set it at a temperature and have it hold that temperature or will it float? Guys might check your local good will of second hand stores. I have seen them and never thought about using one.

OU812

Quote from: pikeman_95 on April 07, 2011, 07:32:05 PM
The turkey roaster looks like a great idea for so many guys. It is long and has some temperature controls. Can you set it at a temperature and have it hold that temperature or will it float? Guys might check your local good will of second hand stores. I have seen them and never thought about using one.

They will hold the temp, just start with it FULL of water, then ladle out the excess water as you add the sausage keeping the roaster FULL to the rim with water.

Keeping the roaster FULL to the rim after adding the sausage and the lid on is the key.

Times will varry with how much you got in there.

pikeman_95

I have my sausage tank but I am going to keep an eye out for them for my sausage making friends. They would also be handy for smaller batches.