• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

How hot does the bottom get???

Started by radamo, April 06, 2011, 10:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radamo

I am awaiting receipt of my OBS.  I was just wondering how hot the bottom of the unit gets.  I have a Trex deck and want to know if I need some bricks to sit the unit on.
Thanks,
RA

OU812

The bottom dont get hot at all, the back where the heating element is gets a little hot but not hot enough that you cant hold your hand on it.

radamo

That is great... Thanks for the quick reply.  I am so stoked to get my smoker!  Darn order still says "Shipping Soon"... Grrrrrr  :-)
RA

TestRocket

Yea, give yourself a couple of inches of air space in the back of the OBS and a place for the smoke to rise out the vent and you will be ok!  Good Luck!  ;D

radamo

That should work out fine... Only "issue" I can't seem to cure is that my order still says "Shipping Soon".  This is the third day with the same status.  This may be my last Amazon purchase. 
Oh well.... patience...
RA

OU812

Quote from: radamo on April 07, 2011, 05:11:03 AM
That should work out fine... Only "issue" I can't seem to cure is that my order still says "Shipping Soon".  This is the third day with the same status.  This may be my last Amazon purchase. 
Oh well.... patience...
RA

I get stuff from Amazon quite often and have had timely deliveries on most of them.

The only times there late is when there outta stock.

Patience grasshopper.  ;D

bears fan

I have a trex deck too and be careful you dont drip any grease from your racks when shuffling your racks around because it will grease stain the trex decking.....found this out the hard way.

radamo

Quote from: bears fan on April 07, 2011, 06:36:15 PM
I have a trex deck too and be careful you dont drip any grease from your racks when shuffling your racks around because it will grease stain the trex decking.....found this out the hard way.

Well you were right (of course), patience is the way... Looks like my OBS is out of delivery.  Going to be a long day at work.  :-)
Thanks,
RA

radamo

Quote from: bears fan on April 07, 2011, 06:36:15 PM

Yes, I am an all year round griller and have had an occasional "drip".  That is the one downside to trex.  Other than it's lack of ability to clean up grease I find it a great decking product.
RA