Help I burnt my nuts!!!!!

Started by SL2010, April 18, 2011, 04:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SL2010

i coated with some CT and sprinkled some cayenne pepper i thought that that roasting at 230 for an hour with smoke rolling then run the temp up to 280 four an hour i know now that this was wrong what should of i done there is really no flavor other than burnt nuts help help thanks

Keymaster

Grind them up and sprinkle them on your next BBQ'd Pork chop ;D worth a shot

NePaSmoKer

Burnt nutz....TMI  :D

Give em 225* with 1 hour of smoke then stay at 225 for 30 mins

OU812

May be grind them up and add to a rub, ya never know.

Habanero Smoker

I generally apply the smoke at a lower temperature (just heat from the generator with the element unplugged), and apply 1:40 - 2:00 hours of smoke. Then I place the nuts on a sheet pan and into a 350°F preheated oven and roast them. The amount of time I roast depends on whether the nuts have already been roasted or are raw, and what state they are in when I remove them from the smoker. Also the type of coating you have applied to the nuts will effect the amount of time you can roast them. For already roasted nuts I don't roast more than 10 - 15 minutes - stirring the nuts a few times. Raw nuts I roast longer, stirring and checking frequently.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SL2010

Thanks for all the info i will more careful in the future are the any recipes for raw cashews and raw alomonds out there like hot and spicy ones thanks again

FLBentRider

There is a recipe for spiced smoked almonds in Charcuterie, I think it has been posted here somewhere.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

You can also find that same recipe on the Recipe Site

Direct link to Smoked Almonds

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

SL2010

Boy i was way off base when i did these i will get it right next thanks for all the help

steve-o

Quote from: FLBentRider on April 19, 2011, 06:14:55 PM
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=10050.0

These are GOOD!

I did 2lbs of these yesterday  ;D  Very good! I brought in a pound for guys at work and everyone kept coming back for more

SL2010

i will try some this weekend thanks