Started by Dogtiredwoof, April 16, 2011, 05:26:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogtiredwoof

Ok here are some pictures
This was my cooling rack for $5 from the grocery store

We (ok my husband on my instuction) cut it down to this

and it fit into the Bradley rack and looked like this

This is my finished Jerky
and my three cute little dog bone shaped jerky I made with a cookie cutter with the meat that wasn't able to be pused out the cannon

I was up until midnight last night finishing the jerky and up early this morning putting a brisket in the smoker!
  I will update my brisket in the right forum once it is done.  The Crown Royal Bisquetts came with a Crown Royal Sauce recipe I was thinking of trying, but I am not sure if I am going to use that or just a bottle of Corky's Original sauce when it comes time to eating.

KyNola

Nice job with the jerky.

squirtthecat

Love the dog bones!

ghost9mm

Ditto on the dog bone look, and great idea to help prevent unnecessary loss...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

I think your hooked ;D very nice job on the jerky, did the dog get a nibble?

Dogtiredwoof

LOL we don't even HAVE a dog! I think my husband ate them this morning before the kids even got a chance to see them!

GusRobin

to quote another member:  "Reel her in boys, we hooked another"
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

OU812

Yep, I think shes hooked.  :D

That there pile of jerky looks gooood.

KyNola

Quote from: GusRobin on April 17, 2011, 07:32:18 AM
to quote another member:  "Reel her in boys, we hooked another"
;) 8)

Tob

Nice looking jerky DTW.
I know you have trhe rack problem licked, just want to mention how we solved the problem
We built our racks from 1" x 1" stainless weldmesh, for the smaller items and things like jerky we built a couple of racks using perforated stainless sheet. Could have just laid flat pieces of the perf. into the 1 x1 racks but hey.
The perf works okay, until you realize how difficult it is to clean afterwards. Hmph!
A friend clued me in to this high temp woven mesh or matting, it is apparently made for the commercial smokehouse industry.
It is some kind of synthetic material, approx. 3/16" square openings, non stick, and works really well.
Basically just wipes clean, although you can put it in the dishwasher if you want.
I bought this from the same friend, he gave me a roll of it and I cut off what I needed.
Highly recommended.
If you want I can find out where he got it.
Prior proper planning prevents
piss poor performance

GusRobin

I'm interested in knowing where he got it.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.