• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Newbie from CA: Old stuffer but new to smoke

Started by spudisland19, May 01, 2011, 09:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spudisland19

Greetings to all! About 35 years ago I was chosen to be the sausage maker in my wife's Polish family. Since none of the Polish men would take over they waived my ethnic shortcomings. We make fresh Kielbasa about three or four times each year, usually for large family gatherings. The tradition is to serve boiled or grilled sausage but no one was ever interested in smoking sausage. We usually parboiled fresh links and finished cooking on a barbecue grill.

It is often said that old guys don't change their ways, however, we ordered a 6-rack digital smoker and should pick it up in about 10-days. This forum looks like a wonderful ressource with a lot of smokey fellowship. I look forward to participating and getting sound advice for using our new Bradley.

Charlie
Sausalito, CA

3rensho

Welcome spudisland - Looking forward to pix and recipes (if you'll part with them).  Any questions?  Just ask - a great group here.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

ghost9mm

Welcome Charlie... to one of the most informative forums and with the most helpful folks you will meet.. any problems at all, just ask...there are no such things as a dumb questions here...and alot of questions can be answered by just doing a search...enjoy the smoker when you get it...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Jim O

Welcome aboard Charlie !

Let us know how your first smoke turns out.

" Keep the vent open "

Jim O

- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Shasta bob

Welcome Charlie. the smoke is getting thicker on the west coast.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

MidKnightRider

Welcome to the forum.
You might check out the recipe site here:www.susanminor.org
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

beefmann

welcome to the forum, lots of people make there own sausages etc and smoke thjem, im sure they will gived you plenty of information

spudisland19

The welcoming messages and encouragement are appreciated. After harvesting a lot of information from this message board I ordered an Auber PID, a set of Bradley sausage hangers for the BDS, and other accessories. Old guys need to push into doing new things and wafting into the world of smoke should be a good ride  ;D.

Thank you.

Charlie