• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Beef Short Ribs

Started by car54, September 29, 2005, 11:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

Does any one have any experience or suggestions for beef short ribs?

Thanks, Brad

YankeeSmoker

This is my first post but I have had my BS for over a year.  My smoker is going 24/7 on the weekends and during the week if I can.  Beef short ribs are GREAT, but like all BBQ it's all about "low & slow".  Also make sure you get nice marbled ribs. I don't finish them in my BS because I can't get it to over 300 degrees.  This is one of the only things I will actually transfer to a grill.  Here's what I do. Let me know how the ribs turn out.

Night before put on Wild Willy's #1 from yhe book Smoke & Spice.  Add a little extra turbinado sugar for kicks.  Next day get the BS to 220 and smoke the short ribs an hour or so with hickory.  Apple/hickory combo works great too. Smoke longer if you like more smoke flavor (I personally go about an hour and a half).  

Transfer to the grill and cook with indirect heat at 300/325 with the bone down for another hour.  Make sure you use indirect heat because the fat will catch fire.  You also don't want the sugars in the rub to burn.  Turn them over and cook for another half hour or so, turning them from side to side once in a while.  The bone should pull right off the meat with a twist of the tongs.    

Make sure you buy enoug because your compamy will love it.

car54

Thanks for your input Yankeesmoker. I will try your suggestion about the beef short ribs. I have a question for you, why is is your 1st post after a year with the Bradley? What do you think of it and what are your experiences.

Welcome to the forum, Brad

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, Brad!

Thanks for the beef rib recipe--don't wait another year to post!

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

ritzdeliman

Wow that sound great, do you do this for a living? I have chefs that can't even think for themselves after a year, maybe I'm just too easy on them. Want a job? I will definatly try that one out, thanks. ritz