• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

old bradley- new member!

Started by oldskool68, May 29, 2011, 10:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldskool68

Hi, I'm kind of a original Bradley smoker kind of guy. I've had my smoker for about 7 yrs. The door seal is leaking, the temp switch is broken off, the thing has been blown off my deck a few times, it has big dents in it from a hail storm a few mths ago! I've smoked hundreds of pounds of meat in it, using many of the recipes found right here on this Bradley site. I've found dry rub recipes,sauce recipes,pickled egg recipes, you name it! I just bought a replacement for the 1st Bradley, however, I think I'm going to order a new door seal and see just how long I can use the 1st one. The only problem I've had is an advance switch getting sticky. A shot of WD 40 took care of that problem. Just wanted to thank you for the good ideas. I've had more than my share of compliments from those who have eaten what I've smoked. A few have even gone out and bought a Bradley after seeing how easy it was to use!

3rensho

Welcome oldskool68.  Sounds like you've given it a pretty good workout over the years. 
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Tenpoint5

Glad to see you come out of the lurker shadows and join in the fun Oldskool
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Hopefull Romantic

Welcome in the forum Oldskool and I guess better late than never. Your discription of all the "beatings' your OBS had taken over the years gives me even more confidence in the choice I made in Bradley; I have the 6 racks DBS.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

beefmann

ArnieM

Hi oldskool68 and welcome to the forum.  That OBS has sure been around the block a few times ;D  Glad to hear it still works.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ghost9mm

Welcome...and anyone that refers to themselves as old anything, you can't be nothing but a good old boy...lol.. :D.. again welcome my friend.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID