• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Happy Canuck!

Started by rschultzy3, May 30, 2011, 11:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rschultzy3

Picked up my DBS on the weekend and did a pork roast.  It was fantastic!  I think I'm hooked, might never eat anything that isn't smoked.

Quick question:  The recipe said to cook the pork at 90-100 degrees F and on my digital temp it would only go down to 120.  I ran it at this for the first 2 hours and temp hovered around 150.  Had the damper closed, that's probably the higher temp reason but does anyone know how come I couldn't lower the digital cook temp lower then 120?

Thanks
Ray

Hopefull Romantic

First welcome to th forum.

I am not the expert here and I am sure some one will be coming soon with a better advice. Many of us here us a device called the PID to control the temp of the tower as it tends to fluctuate and does not give an accurate reading. That is due to the fact that the temp sensor installed in the tower is a bit above the heating element on the back side.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

KyNola

First of all welcome.  Now open the damper all the way!  That damper needs to be open to allow moisture to escape and let the temps rise as moisture will hold the tower temp down.  As for the cooking temps 90-100F is WAY too low.  Either you misread something or you have a misprint.  The smoking/cooking temp needs to be at least 200-225.

wyoduke

1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little