• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Teriyaki Recipe?

Started by Louie_Sausage, June 23, 2011, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louie_Sausage

Hi all, I recently tried making Teriyaki Jerky and the result was a jerky with a slight teriyaki flavor. I was hoping for something with quite a bit more flavor. Dont get me wrong, the jerky was fantastic, great hickory flavor.

Anyone have a recipe for 5lbs of Teriyaki strip jerky with big flavor?

Thanks

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Louie_Sausage

Thanks for the link.

I ended up just throwing a bunch of stuff together, bits from here and other sources.

For 5lbs (I used Top Sirloin)

2 Cups Soy Sauce
2 Cups Teriyaki
2 Cups Worcestershire
1 Cup Crushed Pineapple
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
6 Cloves Fresh Garlic Chopped (mainly for texture)
1 Tbsp Tiger Sauce for Heat
2 Tbsp Roasted Sesame Seeds
1/4 Tsp 5 Spice Powder (for a bit of an Asian kick)
1 Tsp Cure #1 in 1/2 Cup Water

We will see how it turns out in the next couple days!

Louie_Sausage

well so much for that idea, my element went out during preheat :(

about my 6th smoke.

devo

Well you got two more than I did  ;D
The best advice I give new people on here is order a new element as there is still a lot of old stock elements left in the bradleys. Till the old stock gets rotated out we will see a lot of unhappy smokers. Mine was replaced no problem and I also ordered an extra just in case. Think it was around 13 bucks

Louie_Sausage

I phoned and now have a new element on the way. really good customer service. I should see it by the end of the week.

ghost9mm

Glad to hear that you were taken care of...customer service at this level is just plain awesome...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

KyNola

Hey Louie, late to the party but try this link.  Our good friend on the forum Big JohnT posted this sometime back.  I have made the recipe and it is quite good and the calculator is a neat tool to have.

http://suburb.semo.net/jet1024/recipes/jerky/soy-jerky.html

Granted it says soy but just sub teriyaki.

Louie_Sausage

Thanks for the link KyNola. I may try it after my experimental recipe above, see how this turns out first.

Ok........... new element installed, time to make that jerky... probably over 48hr marinade with the time it took to defrost.

I'll post an update when it's ready.