• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bottom door plate

Started by elweezo, May 31, 2011, 11:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elweezo

Hi all, I just cleaned my OBS and found the bottom platic cap on my door has broken. I would look at the manual and see what this part is called but bcuz of jmy accident my vision is poor and  I am unable to read my manual. Does anyone know what is the name or part number this is and where can I order one?   Its the long black plastic piece that is on the bottom of the door.

thnx
Mike
I thought I had something intersting to put here but then I thought again

TestRocket

Just give Bradley a call and they will help you out, they are some good folks! And if you're under warranty it will be even better! Good luck!  ;D

Habanero Smoker

I don't believe there are any replacable parts on the door except the thermometer and the seal. If anything else needs to be fix they replace the whole door. As mentioned give Bradley a call.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Meat tooth

I had the same thing happen recently, called them and received the whole door one week later! I've said it before, but they've got awesome customer service!
Chew carefully and don't let your meat loaf.

elweezo

I got the new door 2day but cant figure how to put it on.. (no instructions)  Do i need to take the big end cap off?  I am a little leery bcuz I dont want to break this one!!   

Thanks
weasel

Habanero Smoker

There are instruction on this forum somewheres. I have done it once.

What you need to do is open the door 1/4 to 1/3 open, then lift the door enough so that it clears the bottom pin. If the door doesn't lift up far enough try closing or opening the door more. Once you have the bottom pin cleared pull the bottom of the door towards you, whil lowering the door so the top pin clears.

If the new door doesn't have a bottom pin you need to remove the bottom pin from the old door and install it on the new one. To assemble, reverse the above directions.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

elweezo

Sorry it took so long for me to respond... was out of town

Well now I am in a pickle, the top door pin slides through the hole that it is supposed to sit in (I think its supposed to sit)  Now what the crap am i supposed to do..  I am really doubting the quality of Bradley now..

Thnx
mc

Habanero Smoker

It a little tricky to reassemble, and it may take a few tries. If you are frustrated at this point, just take a break, and come back to it later.

When you reassemble it is best to install the bottom pin first. It take a little maneuvering, and don't lift too high, but just barely enough for the top pin to clear the hing so that it can drop down into the hole.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

elweezo

Well I just decided to put a couple of hinges on it and it works great.  If anyone is intertested, I will be selling the door I bought from Bradley on Ebay so I can cut my lost $ down.  Will be put on ebay 6/23/12

Thanks for all your advice.. You guys are great

Weasel

elweezo

buy mt door!   20 hours left!

elweezo

Sold it!  hope Bob gets good use out of it!