• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

The Cure for Cracked Faceplate

Started by love the smoke, January 06, 2011, 05:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

That looks good.  I'd settle for aluminum.  I've always wondered why Bradley never switched to metal.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

gman888

I just checked my smoker and the faceplate is also cracked.  It was inside a cedar enclosure for the winter, anyone know what caused it to crack? Will Bradley send me a replacement?

Habanero Smoker

If you are within the one year warranty they will replace it. There is one theory on why the face plate cracks. Here is a link that discusses that, and provides a solution that has worked for many but not all.

Cracked Faceplate

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mow_delon

Saw this and decided to go look at my smoker, and guess what I found...a cracked faceplate.  No idea how long it has been like this, but it looks as though it may have been cracked for a long time.  Just curious as to how many other people out there use their Bradleys with cracked face plates?  I read that moisture may get in and short out the wiring, but if nothing has happened yet should I really be worried?

Toker

Mine is cracked for awhile now, but i don't mind cause when i got my PID controller, i did pass-by the contact on the faceplate and now controlling only with my PID.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: mow_delon on March 18, 2011, 11:23:30 AM
Saw this and decided to go look at my smoker, and guess what I found...a cracked faceplate.  No idea how long it has been like this, but it looks as though it may have been cracked for a long time.  Just curious as to how many other people out there use their Bradleys with cracked face plates?  I read that moisture may get in and short out the wiring, but if nothing has happened yet should I really be worried?

Without replacing the faceplate there are a couple of things you can do right now. Clean the surface and seal the crack with clear silicon sealant, our use some duct tape. Also elevate the front about 1/4" that will prevent any build up fluids or accidental spills from dripping out the front of the cabinet. The link I posted above shows you how to elevate the front.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

BigJohnT

Quote from: love the smoke on January 06, 2011, 06:13:12 PM
Quote from: Rad Rich on January 06, 2011, 05:37:52 PM
Fancy shmancy,  very nice work!  Could be a market for a few duplicates.

I cannot take credit for building, only for the idea and the leg work. A very talented man made this for me

LTS

Tell the guy who built it we are very impressed and as I know how to do that I know he put a lot of care and work into that piece. Very nicely done.

John

LeBoism1

Man that metal faceplate is NICE! There definitely is money to be made on producing those for all Bradley owners.

How about even offering customized graphics. Perhaps your favorite NFL or Hockey team colors? I'll take two please,...one with Green Bay Packers logo, the other Boise State Bronco's. :)

RFT

Mine has been cracked for the get go.  Maybe I will call and get another one. Dunno.
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

garbadee

Very nice.  Good upgrade for the future.

dribron

If you ever decide to make a few for sale, let me know... Very nice work!

richardvoyageur

Looks like I've got a cracked faceplate as well.  A small piece even broke off the far left side of the faceplate.  I guess I'll have to call Bradley to get a replacement. 

Disappointing to say the least, I've only used this 4 times and not even sure how long it's been cracked for.
Sell the sizzle and the steak

adriandb

I too checked mine after seeing this and it's cracked. I'm still within warranty so I guess they'll replace it. Are they difficult to attach or is it just a few screws?

Majes

Mine is cracked.   6 months old and used very gently 5 times.  I'm very particular about my toys so i can tell you it has not been thrown around, or left outside.