• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

raised smoker...

Started by JeffPorter, August 11, 2011, 06:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffPorter

Hi folks, just wondering...I'm new to this, just got my OBS, why do I see that some of you guys have your smokers raised off the ground. I have mine just sitting on the ground right now, will that be a problem?

devo

No problem with where you have it. We old farts have it raised cause we can't bend down that far.

Tenpoint5

Perty much what Devo said just to lazy to bend down that far to put things in and out.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

Quote from: devo on August 11, 2011, 06:17:14 PM
No problem with where you have it. We old farts have it raised cause we can't bend down that far.

I had to raise mine up cause bending over made me spill my beer.

ghost9mm

Quote from: Smokin Soon on August 11, 2011, 06:23:50 PM

I had to raise mine up cause bending over made me spill my beer.

X2 and I am old...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Quarlow

I'll second that or third or.... well you get the picture.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Ka Honu

What a bunch of decrepit old whiners!  My smoker is raised so SWMBO can put the loaded racks in and out without having to bend over and make herself "attractively vulnerable" (in which case absolutely nothing would get done). 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it (at least until she hears it and calls "BULLSH*T!")

KyNola

Quote from: Ka Honu on August 11, 2011, 07:17:56 PM
What a bunch of decrepit old whiners!  My smoker is raised so SWMBO can put the loaded racks in and out without having to bend over and make herself "attractively vulnerable" (in which case absolutely nothing would get done). 

That's my story and I'm sticking to it (at least until she hears it and calls "BULLSH*T!")

Oh Heck No!  I'm calling BULLSH*T! on that myself! :D

Smokin Soon

I could be wrong here, but my guess is that the SWMBO has never been that close to the smoker!