Sunday Morning Coming Down

Started by classicrockgriller, August 28, 2011, 10:16:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

"Well I woke up Sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt."

So I decided to go get some breakfast.

Walked outside and walked back in the house.

Was already HOT at 9:00 in the morning.

Yesterday was a record high. Heat index was 113* with a temp of 107*

They say today will be hotter. Forecast of 117* heat index.

NAARP? ;D

So I made Breakfast. Yum!

6 scrambled eggs, 6 maple breakfast sausage, and a pile of biscuits

Pumpkin Butter (thanks Gus) and mayhal jelly

Muscadine Preserves (thanks UpInSmoke) and fig preserve

I'm full. ;D

Quarlow

Ummm you do remember that their is just one of you in that big old house right. Sounds like enough to feed 3 people.  ;D That pumpkin butter sounds good, never heard of it before. I just made blueberry jam yesterday, strawberry jam a couple of weeks ago. I also made Pickled rosemary carrots (these are awesome) and pickled bell pepper slices.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Quarlow on August 28, 2011, 10:43:00 AM
Ummm you do remember that their is just one of you in that big old house right. Sounds like enough to feed 3 people.  ;D That pumpkin butter sounds good, never heard of it before. I just made blueberry jam yesterday, strawberry jam a couple of weeks ago. I also made Pickled rosemary carrots (these are awesome) and pickled bell pepper slices.

I'm not always alone. ;D

Dang Q, you are quite the little "Preserver"

That is something I have always wanted to try.

First I want to make cheese.

Quarlow

I have been looking at the mozzarella recipe. It is so easy. I don't know where to get the rennet around here though. I am also going to make some yogurt too. Youtube has a video for eveything.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DisplacedCoonass

Quote from: Quarlow on August 28, 2011, 10:53:26 AM
I have been looking at the mozzarella recipe. It is so easy. I don't know where to get the rennet around here though. I am also going to make some yogurt too. Youtube has a video for eveything.

Try to find a local organic only store.  Every time I see something posted on here that's a bit out of the norm I haven't had a problem finding it at a organic store.

beefmann

SouthernSmoked

Heck Yeah... a good looking plate of morning vittles!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little