• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Replacement Temp Probes

Started by IKnowWood, November 21, 2005, 08:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IKnowWood

OK, after this weekends smoking and spending time Sunday doing some assessment on the condition (range & accuracy) of my temp probes and devices.  It appears the devices are pretty consistent and reasonably accurate.  The probes are not.  I compared a regular thermometer, a standard digital meter and a collection of probes I have.  One being brand new, never used, another used only from Frying and four others for smoking.  Two are real old, one new but used a few times and anther never used.  

The never used before and Fryer probes were real close to test temperatures.  The new but slightly used was about on the mark.  The other two were way off by over 10 degrees and went both higher and lower depending on movement.  I should have checked them before smoking the pork Saturday.  Don't know if that was the cause but also think Butcher gave me wrong cut of meat (Picnic and not BB).

So, the question for all of you is, do you know where I can get new probes.  Without having to spend a little more for another probe + meter set.  

Thanks.

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Phone Guy

rgardjr

A little cheaper at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006NW9L/103-2123509-8323803?v=glance&n=1055398&n=507846&s=home-garden&v=glance

Also, I received this from Maverick:

Rick,
Yes, you can order the probes directly from us here in New Jersey at a cost of $12.00ea. which includes shipping in the USA.
You can order with a credit card by email or calling us at 1-800-526-0954.
Thanks for contacting Maverick

Rick Gardner wrote:

> Hi-
> I was wondering if replacement probes can be purchased for the ET-73 thermometer.  I checked mine a few days ago and the smoker probe is about 10 degrees off.
> Thank You-
> Rick Gardner

IKnowWood

Thanks PG and Rick.

I ordered today the Polder replacements as well as the ET-73 from Amazon.  

also good to hear on the replacements for $12 for the ET-73 probes.  was that both probes, the smoker as well as the meat?

Thanks again.

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

rgardjr

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">also good to hear on the replacements for $12 for the ET-73 probes. was that both probes, the smoker as well as the meat?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I was assuming $12/each