good news/bad news

Started by bigmikey, September 18, 2011, 12:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmikey

The good news, Called Bradley on Wednesday to get heating element replaced, and got it in mail Saturday. Very prompt and fast service. So I picked up a 3 pack of ribs and I'm back to smokin.
:)

Bad news, I picked up my smoker to move it and front bottom plate cracked and broke off on both sides. One side has been cracked for a few weeks but now its both sides. Here's my quick solution for today smoke to keep it level  ;)

classicrockgriller

Can't keep a good man down!

When you call on the face plate, ask them to send you the

front feet update. That will take the pressure off the face

plate and solve that.

Quarlow

When you lift your smoker how do you pick it up? I put one hand on the back and the other into the SG port with the door against my stomach making sure not to lift by the front at all. Mine goes in and out of the kitchen everytime I use it and have had no cracking of any parts.
Sorry to see you had this happen but thankfully it's a Bradley and their Customer service is so good.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

bigmikey

Ive known about the problem with these since I bought it so I have always carried it very similar to that. It had never been dropped and always set down very carefully.

So I opened the door to pull ribs and wrap in foil. Good news is ribs are looking good and in the oven now.

Bad news is when I opened door entire bottom plate fell off. You can see the screws still in place but the plastic is all broken. It  didn't appear broken except for the feet when I started smoking today.

beefmann

that  sucks, then mine broke a number of years back, sense  i no longer use the front slider control its no big deal..

bigmikey

Ribs are done, and even with all the problems they still are yummy!

Quarlow

Man that sucks. But those ribs look wicked.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

mikecorn.1

Nice pile of ribs. :)

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike