Beef Brisket

Started by Bassman, December 05, 2005, 03:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassman

Hi all,
I smoked a brisket over the weekend with great success. Used the rub recipe for brisket I posted awhile ago with two exceptions.
1-did not add worcesterchire powder(this was not on purpose,I'm fresh out).
And 2- added coffee to the rub recipe. It added something to it but next time I would add more. I only added 1 teaspoon.
Used Hickory pucks, smoked at 210F till internal temp 180F. FTC'd. Took about 13 hrs.Came out moist & tender.[:p]
My wife & I devoured about half of it at one sitting.[:D]

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

JJC

WTG, Jack!  I'm going to try adding some coffee next time, too.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

MallardWacker

Do you actually taste the coffee or does it just make some sort of overtone.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Bassman

MW,
No, we couldn't actually taste a coffee flavor,which is why I would add a little more next time. But it did add a subtle flavor that was hard to pin point. An overtone is a good word for it. Also it was missing worcestershire powder. That was noticeable, next time I will plan better.

<i><font color="blue"><b>Jack</i></font id="blue"></b>
Jack

JJC

It's definitely a subtle flavor when I use the Dizzy Pig Red Eye rub--doesn't overpower the meat in any way.

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

BigSmoker

Try some of that Red Eye Express on Frenched rack of lamb for a culinary experience that you won't find in any restaurant.

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

car54

What do all of you like to serve with a brisket. I am doing one on Sunday.

Thanks, Brad

BigSmoker

Ahhhh more brisket?

How bout tater salad, cole slaw, Olds' boston baked beans and raw apple cake for desert. Man I just made myself hungry [:D]

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

car54

If I get some time maybe I'll try the apple cake. It is on my to do  list along with baked beans. I used to get something called a Santa Fe fry which had a corn meal coating and they were great. I can't get them any more so I am trying to create my own. I love the slaw.

Brad