• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Got a new Book

Started by Keymaster, September 29, 2011, 06:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Cant wait to get this going, plan on building a special fermenting box real soon ;)

Habanero Smoker

That is a pretty good book, with a lot of information; both basic and advanced. If you are lucky you got the version that is index. All the information in the book is on their website, but having the book makes it much easier to refer to the information. Their recommend RH for the drying period; 80 - 85% for most sausages, I feel is too high. The 50 sausage recipes give you a good variety to get started and to choose from.

I forgot to mention; one of the author's is a member of this forum and goes by the name "Seminole".

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

NePaSmoKer

Aaron

Ya need to go eeeeelectronic wif dem books  ;D

Keymaster

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 30, 2011, 02:02:53 AM
That is a pretty good book, with a lot of information; both basic and advanced. If you are lucky you got the version that is index. All the information in the book is on their website, but having the book makes it much easier to refer to the information. Their recommend RH for the drying period; 80 - 85% for most sausages, I feel is too high. The 50 sausage recipes give you a good variety to get started and to choose from.

I forgot to mention; one of the author's is a member of this forum and goes by the name "Seminole".
Do you have their website Handy Habs. Rick, I wanted to download the book but did not see it available for download on Amazon. Habs, I was thinking 85% rh was hIGHER THAN ANYTHING i HAVE READ BEFORE ALSO, Dang caps ;D

Caneyscud

Still wanting to get into the fermented sausages.  After moving a lot of stuff from my garage and into a mini-storage, I now have some room in my garage - almost.  Had some Fra'Mani Salametto Piccante yesterday.  Stuff was pretty good, but at $17.99 per lb I need to learn to make it myself!  I can't wait to hear of you successes Key!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Quote from: Keymaster on September 30, 2011, 04:46:37 AM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on September 30, 2011, 02:02:53 AM

Do you have their website Handy Habs. Rick, I wanted to download the book but did not see it available for download on Amazon. Habs, I was thinking 85% rh was hIGHER THAN ANYTHING i HAVE READ BEFORE ALSO, Dang caps ;D

Check this out.

http://www.wedlinydomowe.com/

3rensho

I got that book a while back.  Good read.  Just got back from two weeks in southern Tuscany.  Salumi to die for and hunting season just opened.  Local Osteria had lots of wild piggy on the menu.  Will post some pix when I get around to it.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

Habanero Smoker

OU812 has directed you in the right direction. It is one of the better sites to learn about sausage making, and curing meats.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Keymaster

Thanks Ou812 and habs

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

rdevous

Thanks OU812 for the site.  Bookmarked it for further investigation.

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!