• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

bisquettes

Started by FireFighter, December 07, 2005, 07:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireFighter

When the bisquettes are done on the burners are they usually still formed pucks or do they turn completely into ash? Mine are charred all the way through but not turned into ash.

iceman

After playing with my humidity guages inside the smoker I found out that the higher the humidity the more intact the waffer stays after burning for the twenty minute period. At 60% it starts to hold together. When it gets below 30% it falls apart because it burns more complete due to less moisture. Dry smoking verses wet smoking (water in the pan) makes a differance also. It sounds like your getting a good quality waffer. I've had some arrive up here falling apart and all crumbling. I wish Bradley would cryvac them so they didn't get so beat up in shippment.[:(] Hope this helps out a little.[:D]

manxman

Hi FireFighter,welcome to the forum

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Mine are charred all the way through but not turned into ash.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Mine are typically the same as yours when they have completed their 20 minutes on the heater, I would imagine if they had turned completely to ash it would make pushing them into the water bowl a bit of a problem.

Coupled with that Bradley advertise the limited burning of the puck as producing "clean" smoke, a lot less of the nasties associated with burning the wood too long apparently.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I wish Bradley would cryvac them <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That raises an interesting question Iceman, has anyone ever tried vacuum packing the pucks in a Foodsaver type bag? Perhaps the pucks are not robust enough to withstand it? Now there's an idea for someone to try..... now have I got any Special Blend anywhere!?[}:)]

There are quite a few posting on the forum about how and where to store pucks (i.e indoors in a dry place)but perhaps vacuum packing may be a good idea particularly for those people who buy in bulk?!

Manxman.
Manxman

FireFighter