• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

It was Cheap, It was Fun, and They won't Forget it

Started by Tenpoint5, October 09, 2011, 12:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

What do you do on a warm fall day When the leaves are all blowing off the trees into the neighbors back yard? You get some friends and you rake them all into a nice big pile then you have some fun!! That's what you do!! We killed about 2 1/2 hours the night before and then we spent another 3 hours the next morning playing in the leaves.  I took a few pictures and thought I would share. Brings back memories of when times were simpler and we didn't have all this technology crap to keep us entertained!!

The Pile

The kids

The Toss!!

A couple Landings

Then they started doing flips and I took about 30 pictures trying to catch them in the air never happened but I did get one on a video. Only problem is I forgot to turn the phone on its side to take the video. Tilt your head to the left!! ;D ;D

We had a GOOD TIME!! When we finished up we had some of them orange pumpkin bags with faces on them so we filled all of them up and put them on a couple different neighbors' front stoop.

Don't you remember when ...........
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Chili Head

Oh to be young again...
I would need an ambulance if I tried that now lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

classicrockgriller

Chris would have been in that pile if he didn't have a bum wing. ;D

Video was cute except now my neck hurts. ;D

northof60girl

Holy that's a lot of leaves.  Looks like fun!  Yes, the good old day's were much simpler it seems. 

mikecorn.1

Fun times. Real nice pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

deb415611

hal4uk

Quote from: classicrockgriller on October 09, 2011, 12:11:58 PM
Chris would have been in that pile if he didn't have a bum wing. ;D

Video was cute except now my neck hurts. ;D
Hmmm.. my neck is fine...
But I am amazed at how steep that hill is, and how the kids stick to the leaves like velcro.   ;D
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Slamdunk

I did that for my kids and their neighbourhood friends way back when and they still talk about it! Good memories!

Also burned the leaves afterwards (we were in the countryside back then) and roasted potatoes in aluminum foil. Nothing beats potatoes roasted in aluminum foil and then some salt and pepper and butter and, and, I'm getting hungry  ;D

SiFumar

SouthernSmoked

Can I be next?
Can I? Can I?? ;D

Awesome fun!

Thanks Chris for taking me back in time a little!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ghost9mm

And you are right my friend, the kids will talk about that day, the rest of their lives... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ronbeaux

Cool! That's what Mrs RB did to me this morning after I drank her last Diet Coke from the fridge........
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: ronbeaux on October 09, 2011, 06:29:00 PM
Cool! That's what Mrs RB did to me this morning after I drank her last Diet Coke from the fridge........

I'm thinking she wasn't just too concerned if there was a nice big soft pile of leaves to land on either!!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Levitating kids - you need to go on the road with that trick!   Just glad OSHA wasn't around!  Was expecting to see more corn leaves!  Is that a neighbor growing grapes in their back yard in photos 9, 10, 14, 15?
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

I think she tried it Mike but has never really done anything with them. The next neighbor past her also has a huge vine back by the alley but it has gone wild and doesn't produce hardly anything.