• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Wandering the Streets of Vancouver

Started by RossP, October 11, 2011, 03:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

For the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend the wife and myself decided to go into the big city and take go to a jazz club. On Saturday we were wandering the streets checking out some of the stores on Broadway in the west end and I the wife saw a womens clothing store(go figure) and right next door was a little bit of heaven, the Fresh is Best Salsa Company. Well I let the wife wander into the clothing store while I slipped into the Salsa store. They had shelves upon shelves of hot sauces, coolers full of fresh made Salsa, and the most wonderful nacho chips.

In a locked cabinet they have collector bottles of hot sauces, some for over $100.00 a bottle, better be amazing for that price. There home made salsa ans chips are outstanding. Worth a trip back to Vancouver for more goodies. Here is there web site:
http://www.freshisbestvancouver.ca/
More pictures of there store there.

As for the main reason to go into the big city for the weekend it was to see Jim Byrnes at a little club called the Cellar Jazz Club, now Jim does not do Jazz but as he calls it Greasy Blues, you know the Blues dripping with bacon fat. His words not mine. Jim is originally from St. Louis but has made Vancouver his home for the past thirty years. He is best know for his role as Joe Dawson on the TV series Highlander. He put on a great show. THe club is small and personal, only seats about a hundred, they have great food also.

The wife with Jim Byrnes

Had a great weekend, now we have to book a trip for the New Orleans Jazz Festival.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

Keymaster

Thats one cool salsa store. Must be neat to see a celebrity and get a picture too. Looks like a good time.

northof60girl

What a great idea for a long weekend.  Vancouver has so much to see and do.  Glad you enjoyed your weekend!