• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I Got Me a Box (1 of 2)

Started by ArnieM, October 20, 2011, 02:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnieM

Yeah, HP may be getting out of the business.  I figure, for the price, if it lasts a few years, it's a throw away anyway.

muebe - The Core I7 is a real nice ($$) chip and Toshiba is good stuff.  Hope your wife likes it. 

Back in the old days when I really needed the power (and had a job) I would have went for it in a desktop.  Now, just browsing the net, talking to you guys  ;) and browsing Amazon, I couldn't cost justify it.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

muebe

A sub $300 netbook works just fine for me. My wife however is very spoiled! She deserves it though....just don't tell her that ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

KyNola

Arnie, my Dell laptop was about to crap out so I asked STC what laptop I was buying.  He sent me a link to an HP that looks just like yours from Best Buy.  It's what I am typing on now. $430.00 and rocks!  I will never own another Dell thanks to STC.

ArnieM

Glad you're happy Ky.  Squirt has been around the block a few times and knows his stuff.

I found nothing wrong with Dell. Both the tower (OptiPlex 755) and display I got from them were refurbs.  They looked and worked as new.  But, both they and I are getting dated.  It was time for something new before the SS check was spent on useless items such as fuel oil, electricity, etc.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.