• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

So, who actually does the cooking???

Started by ArnieM, October 20, 2011, 09:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oguard

We share the cooking and cleaning duties. Smoker and grill is my domain though ;D.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Ka Honu

I do most of the shopping and cooking because I don't have much else to do (I'll do laundry but not housecleaning). From time to time SWMBO does a few of her "specialties" (e.g., enchiladas and seafood risotto)or something she craves that I won't make or eat (usually something with tofu, seeds, sprouts or some other "healthy crap").  She usually does the evening clean up (although I clean as I go most of the time).

Caneyscud

I do all the shopping and 90% of the inside cooking and all the outside cooking.  And I usually have to pay for the restaurants even though she makes more than I do.  She does all the "normal" kitchen cleaning (with some grumbling), but I do all the "extra cleaning" such as after bbq's, sausage making, fish fileting, etc....

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

cajunboudreaux

I do 95% of the Cooking and Cleaning.. The flavor of the week helps with the Cleaning and some of the cooking( if she knows how).
I do not mind though, Cooking is my passion and I love putting a smile on the faces of my clients and guest. Life is good.
Laissez les bon temps rouler

TomW

My LOML and I have the best arrangement imaginable.  I do all the cooking, she cleans all the dishes....Honest!  Been going that way for over 30 years.

Tom
I may not know much about cooking, but I know lots about eating...

viper125

Well you all embarrassed me! I do most the grilling and all the smoking. But she helps stuff and clean up and any thing else I need. I help some with clothes and dishes inside and take care os some out side. The wife does everything else. She goes from dusk till dawn and you cant stop her nor would I try. It works for us. I'd be lost with out her.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

ghost9mm

I do all outside cooking and since we got the TBE I do some other cooking...we like the way this does potatoes and and fowl...steaks,chops.etc...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

HSC5690

Although my husband is an excellent cook and enjoys cooking, I do most of the cooking and cleaning, he does all the outside work on the farm.  He loves to help with the smoking, grilling and frying.  But if I call him at lunch time and say you know ????  would really be good for supper and 95-99% of the time he takes the time to have it ready when I walk in the door after work. After 40 years it does not take to much time and effort to put a meal on the table when I come in at night since it is just the two of us at home now.  I agree about the SRG and TBE, I love them both and those are usually reserved for weekend or holiday cooking.

ArnieM

I started this so I guess I should own up.  First though ...

Flavor of the week?  It has been so long all I can remember is that there were a lot of flavorless weeks  :(

SiFumar's husband is going into the sous chef protection program.  It seems that some might like to make her an eligible widow  ;D ;D

Simply put:  I cook pretty much everything.  My wife of 39 years is a great sous chef, from chopping to cleaning up my mess.  She does the 'general' shopping, I graze the meat aisle.  In all fairness though, she makes a good lasagna and veal/chicken Marsala.

I bake cookies and some bread.  I don't do cakes or deserts in general and certainly nothing fancy.  That's what company is for.  Well, maybe an occasional cheesecake.

I like trying out new things on company.  I don't care what comments I get at dinner.  The true quality can be told by who does or doesn't come back.  ;D

The great part of cooking is experimenting; different foods, different seasonings, different methods.  IMHO, there's no such thing as perfection but it sure is fun chasing it.

It's nice getting to know y'all a little better.

-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

La Quinta

Well said Arnie...it doesn't really work unless you both do it...my hubby does a mean curry and sauce for spaghttie

Wildcat

Quote from: FLBentRider on October 21, 2011, 03:46:40 AM
The Mrs does most of the indoor cooking.

I do all of the outdoor cooking.

We have teenagers for cleanup, which means we (the Mrs and I) do it most of the time.

Same here except all of the teens are now in their 20's and 30's and are gone.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/