• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

KWEL IDEA -SHUCKIN' CORN

Started by Jim O, October 23, 2011, 12:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim O

- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Sailor

That is a cool way to shuck corn.  Will have to try it.

Enough ain't enough and too much is just about right.

Quarlow

That was very kewl. I wonder how the corn turns out having been microwave? Anybody ever cook corn like this. Maybe you can boil it in the husk and have the same outcome.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Wildcat

I have been cooking fresh corn in the microwave for over 10 years now. The ONLY way to go unless you want a grilled taste. I never did what the guy in the vedio did though. I simply pull off the husk and the silk comes off very easily. I leave the bottom stalk in place to hold it then take stick butter and rub on the hot corn, lightly salt and chow down. Tastes every bit as good (if not better than) boiled.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

devo

Yup, been doing it in the micro wave for years. I soak the corn for 5 min. than zap it on high for 5min. Soaking makes it steam.

Quarlow

Quote from: Wildcat on October 23, 2011, 05:24:35 PM
I have been cooking fresh corn in the microwave for over 10 years now. The ONLY way to go unless you want a grilled taste. I never did what the guy in the vedio did though. I simply pull off the husk and the silk comes off very easily. I leave the bottom stalk in place to hold it then take stick butter and rub on the hot corn, lightly salt and chow down. Tastes every bit as good (if not better than) boiled.
All ya need then is to butter it the way was show a week or so ago. You take a gallon pickle jar and fill about 3/4 full with very hot water. Then you pour in 2 cups of melted butter and then just dip the corn into the jar. Works great.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

viper125

We use the microwave for it too! Just peel corn and wrap a damp paper towel around it. Cook three minutes a ear. Very good and no soaking. Steams add butter and eat!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Caneyscud

Been cooking corn in the microwave for 30 years!  Sometimes I shuck and silk and put the husks back on, sometimes just put shucked corn in a covered casserole, and lots of times do it like the video - the easiest and with less cleaning.  Tastes great.  Like it better in mircowave better than boiled.  I've got an old corning top range that takes forever to boil water.  Got tired of watching water boil so, went exclusively with microwave.  4 minutes an ear - done!  If you are careful, you don't need the gloves like the video guy does - just a towel.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

pensrock

I do like Viper, clean the corn, wrap with a wet paper towel, nuke, butter, salt and pepper, eat. Mmmm

classicrockgriller

Added Corn on the Cob to my Grocery list!

Never nuked Corn, but I will now! Thanks Guys.

mikecorn.1

Anybody have the thread of the jar of hot water and butter to butter the corn on the cob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike