• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

cold smoking steak

Started by Sharne, October 28, 2011, 02:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharne

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could help please, I am planning on cold smoking some Rib eye steak later on today and was wanting to try a few rub recipes, apart from the store bought ones (which are hard to find down here in New Zealand) does anyone have any good recipes they wouldn't mind sharing?

Keymaster

Welcome aboard Sharne, Make sure and take some pictures of them rib eyes and post them here. If you go to the following link and go about half way down theres lots of rubs, look for Jans rub, I hear its great!!!

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

Sharne

Quote from: Keymaster on October 28, 2011, 04:20:17 PM
Welcome aboard Sharne, Make sure and take some pictures of them rib eyes and post them here. If you go to the following link and go about half way down theres lots of rubs, look for Jans rub, I hear its great!!!

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes

This recipe asks for something called Lawry's seasoned salt, I can't purchase this down here in New Zealand, would other seasoned salt suffice?

Smokin Soon

Here's a clone:
2 tablespoons pepper
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
1 teaspoon onion salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon dry marjoram leaves
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/3 cup salt

Keymaster

Lawrys is all purpose seasoning salt, Just like Johnnys seasoning salt, they are very similar but I like Johnnys better. Neither has any heat to the taste so if there is a all purpose in your area I would try that instead.  Heres Johnnys .

Nice clone Smokin soon

muebe

Sometimes simple is the best...

I would coat the steaks with sea salt, garlic powder. Onion powder, and white pepper ;D

Great simple seasoning for the steak and allows you to taste the cold smoked goodness.

And make sure to let that steak rest overnight in the fridge before grilling :)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)