• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

cheese question!

Started by SmokinDuramax, November 15, 2011, 04:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinDuramax

Thought one time i read on here someplace to unplug one of the wires on the smoker. Is this true? This is for smoking cheese. Please help did a search and cant find anything.

JZ

I think you might be referring to the power plug that goes from the back of the SG to the back of the cabinet. This is the one that provides power to the heating element. If it is unplugged from the cabinet then the heating element will not turn on.

SmokinDuramax

Quote from: JZ on November 15, 2011, 09:25:32 PM
I think you might be referring to the power plug that goes from the back of the SG to the back of the cabinet. This is the one that provides power to the heating element. If it is unplugged from the cabinet then the heating element will not turn on.
Ok if that's the case I can leave it plugged in and just not turn the cabinet on correct? Thanks

Ka Honu

Yes you can but at least some power goes through it anyway and, if your rheostat is not quite right, you're adding heat you don't need.  Unplug - it's easy and a sure thing.

devo

The SG can bring your cabinet temp up to 120*F depending on how hot it is outside just by itself. Having a block of ice will help in a situation like that

SmokinDuramax

DTAggie

I always unplug when doing cheese.  No need to risk extra temp when doing expensive cheese when it is so easy to unplug.