• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Prime Rib Long Distance

Started by Oldman, December 28, 2005, 09:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

This Christmas instead of everyone come here we where there. However, I was the cook.

One of the items I did was a 21 pound prime rib. Now the problem was how to cook it here and get it there and it still be medium rare hours later without being cold.

This is what I did. At 9:00 am (broke my own rule here) I place the rib in an oven that 350 F. At 10:45 am I reduced the temp to 200 F. At 12 pm it was 120 F in the middle. (This was a bone on rib.)

I then remove the rib, placed it into an ice chest and pored 2-3 gallons of boiling  Au Jus over it.

At 4 pm (4 hours later) the meat was 137F at the center. I place it in a very hot oven for 10 minutes to re-crisp up the surface. The ends were med-well done and the center was close to being medium rare.

You got to love a passive oven style of cooking... [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

JJC

very, very clever . . . [8D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

iceman

Olds; with out a doubt you are the David Copperfield of smoking and grilling. I use hot Au Jus to heat left over thin rare slices of roast for french dips.[:p] Works out real nice.

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!